Friday, June 21, 2024

Those Empty Eyes



Description from:From Amazon

Alex Armstrong has changed everything about herself—her name, her appearance, her backstory. She’s no longer the terrified teenager a rapt audience saw on television, emerging in handcuffs from the quiet suburban home the night her family was massacred. That girl, Alexandra Quinlan, nicknamed Empty Eyes by the media, was accused of the killings, fought to clear her name, and later took the stand during her highly publicized defamation lawsuit that captured the attention of the nation.

My Take:

I almost did not finish this book because they never checked Alex For GSR since they found the shotgun on her lap while she sat next to her dead parents. Donna, one of the cops who was present at the crime scene quickly called her husband , Garret Lancaster, who was a lawyer to defend the poor teen.

The reason I had a hard time going back to the book was the fact they never tested the girl . The book was based on these findings and it annoyed me that such a simple test was ignored, The hardship and scandal involving Alex could have been solved immediately if they performed the test..

After checking on GSR made by shotguns and talking to my husband who is very knowledgeable about guns, I discovered GSR can actually disintegrate if not immediately tested. Hence, I grudgingly went back to the book. I'm glad I did. Near the end of the book , you will discover the killer and the reason why these killings occured. However, the climax was at the end when you find out the killer had a partner and was going to continue the quest for justice. The identity of the partner was the shocking part.

No comments:

Post a Comment